Discover More on Route 54 is hosting the 5th annual 100-mile yard sale that will be coming up on Labor Day weekend, August 30-31st. This will cover communities along U.S. Hwy 54 from Nevada to Camdenton. We need sellers & bargain hunters to make this event a success. The sellers will be responsible for their own yard sale signs to draw in motorists. With the increased holiday traffic it’s encouraged that other non-profits (fire departments, churches, etc.) to hold rummage sales & fundraisers.
WHEN: August 30-31, 2019 ~ During daytime hours
The U.S. HWY 54 Communities of:
El Dorado Springs
The host locations are for sellers living away from Hwy 54 that wish to participate over Labor Day weekend.
RULES FOR HOST SITES:
First come first set up basis each day
Dumpsters located on the property are NOT for public use, remove everything you didn’t sell, and be respectful of the host property.
The sellers will be responsible for their own sale signs to draw in motorists.
APPROVED HOST LOCATIONS: Free use unless indicated by [$] [$ =daily use fee charged]
- NEVADA, – Vernon County Fairgrounds, 1641 E. Ashland (at US Hwy 54), Nevada
- EL DORADO SPRINGS*, at Chamber of Commerce (old Wood’s) parking lot, located at the SE corner of Hwys 54 & 32.
- NEAR COLLINS, at Brenda’s Quilt Stop & More, located west of Collins along Hwy 54, call to register (417)876-9997.
- WHEATLAND, Darby Motors, across from Main St., free space but it’s first come first serve.
- WHEATLAND, [$] empty lot at the junction Hwy B & 83, fee charged and proceeds benefit the Wheatland Fire Department.
- HERMITAGE, [$] at Beyond Bargains Flea Market, located next to Hwy 54 & Pitts Ln. Call Kathy at (417)399-1474.
- PRESTON, Salon 65, at the junction of Hwy 54 &65, register at (417)733-7776
- NEAR PRESTON, at Yates Rustic Range Trading, located 6 miles East of Preston on south side of Hwy 54, free space (417)733-7193.
- NEAR MACKS CREEK, at public roadside park, at the junction of Hwys 54 & 73.
- MACKS CREEK, space is available along Main Street, no registration required.
- CAMDENTON, American Family Insurance, gravel parking lot, west of the square, courtesy of Shane Hulett, firstname.lastname@example.org. The asphalt parking is available Saturday only.
*Normal yard sale fees will be waived for anyone selling directly along Hwy 54 in El Dorado Springs.
Weaubleau Fire Department is accepting yard sale donations with all proceeds benefiting the Fire Department. Please drop off items at the fire station and if the items to be stored inside call Fire Chief Rife at (417)298-0539.
Four Legs and Fur is accepting yard sale items with all proceeds benefiting the local Animal Society. Please drop off items at the Cain Station, call (417)292-4475 to make a drop off appointment.